sexta-feira, 1 de janeiro de 2016

Book Review | Paper Towns by John Green

I didn't see the movie, but I just finished the book. Paper Towns, by John Green, is a charming novel that transported me to my high school years, with all that nostalgia that only a skillful writer can make us feel.

The story follows this young guy known as Q, who is obsessed with this girl called Margo Roth Spiegelman, their short adventure, her disappearance, and his need to search for answers, because this girl is keen on leaving clues whenever she decides to disappear, and he likes her too much to let her go.

I will not explain the book's title, as part of the magic of reading it is finding out about paper towns. It was a lot of fun getting into all of that, understanding the meanings and hidden meanings behind everything, falling in love and getting intrigued with the characters, and following their paths.

I like John Green as a vlogger, although I sometimes struggle to keep pace with his quick dialog, and as a writer. His ideas are always carefully detailed and based on facts, even if everything else is fiction. He has a sharp ability to merge it all into an enthralling story.

The book is wonderfully enjoyable for its complexity disguised into simple philosophical questions with many down to earth explanations and possibilities. I spent some hours delighted at this.

7/10

Vanessa

Sem comentários: