quinta-feira, 31 de dezembro de 2015

Sweet Lassi


I have no problem trying out new things, even if that means throwing cautionary tales, like not drinking tap water and avoiding cheap looking bars when traveling, out the window. I mean, lassi is a good enough reason to do so.

If you do not like yogurt, it's best to stay away from it. Lassi is a refreshingly delicious drink made with yogurt and spices. The sweet version of lassi is usually seasoned with fruit juice or rose water (my favorite) and probably a generous pinch of sugar, and preferably lots of ice cubes. I do not even mind if they're made out of tap water.

This is also a local variation of a smoothie if one is lucky enough to find a place that uses real fruit in it. Those are usually the places where the savory lassi (chaas) is also available, and where hygiene meets international standards. I'm sorry if I sound a little snobby here.

I've tried lassi in a couple of different places. It's usually when I'm kind of hungry, but not starving, or when I'm craving dessert. Lassi is like a drinkable dessert, actually.

Vanessa

2 comentários:

sandy disse...

My favorite that is available here in Nebraska, USA is a mango lassie.

Vanessa Sousa disse...

That's so cool! I would expect to find it in Portugal given, well, history, but I've never seen lassi anywhere there. Thanks for your visit :)